Anyone living in P & K who has used mental health services and agrees with the aims and objectives of the organisation can join.
‘Friends of PLUS’ (Associate Membership)
These are people who have not used mental health services but are keen to promote or champion the aims and objectives of the organisation. ‘Friends of PLUS’ (Associate Members) do not hold a voting right.
- Promoting citizenship for people who have used mental health services.
- Acting as a collective voice for people who have used mental health services.
- Challenging stigma and raising awareness of mental health as ‘Everyone’s Business’
- Making readily available reliable, accurate and up to date mental health and wellbeing information.
- Upholding a fair, equal and just society where all individuals are valued.
Benefits of Membership
Through our free monthly newsletter, our regular members meetings, and through email updates.
Meetings which provide feedback on specific areas with the aim of service improvement.
A whole spectrum of opportunities to acquire new skills from planning events to manning public awareness stands.
Events and Conferences
Throughout the year PLUS members attend a variety of events and conferences arranged via
By speaking out and using your voice of experience. That’s what really counts.
Joining PLUS has greatly contributed to my sense of belonging and more hopeful stance for the future, which has been essential in my recovery.
Through challenging stigma and influencing positive changes in mental health services, PLUS has given me a voice that will be heard.